2# of Openings
US-WI-West BendPosted Date
12 hours agoCategory
Reporting to the Brake Press Supervisor this role is primarily responsible for the daily setup and operation of Cincinnati hydraulic CNC controlled press brakes in a just-in-time fabrication shop with some assistance provided. The Brake Press Operator may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required.
These are 2nd and 3rd shift positions. Responsibilities
- Set up and operate a hydraulic press or punch press for routine established work.
- Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from a supervisor or a lead.
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
- Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong metal press forming and basic fabrication background.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Previous experience with overhead crane use is desired.
- Ability to use a forklift.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Work in an efficient and timely manner
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
- A High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a manaufacturing environment is strongly desired.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fabrication, hydralic oress and/or punch operations including basic setup is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals wth disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.