2# of Openings
15 hours agoCategory
Reports to the IT Manager, providing networking, and manufacturing application support Responsibilities
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling and performing upgrades; collaborating and taking direction from network administrator.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configurations; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Analyze business needs and translate those into project plans.
- Work with department heads to create an open dialog and create issue and enhancement priorities.
- Support multiple locations and off-hours when needed.
- Multiple manufacturing applications support to include homegrown database support.
- Propose system improvements, new software and any projects which will move the company forward.
- Contribute to strategy sessions and help guide business management in their use of technology.
- Documentation and cross training.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT and/or Business or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of six years of networking experience and at least six years in IT overall.
- Excellent team player
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft platforms.
- Experience in a virtual server environment
- Cisco knowledge and experience of implementation, configuration and trouble shooting.
- PLC knowledge and experience
- SQL Server knowledge
- Strong skills in: project management, customer service, vendor management, communications skills, facilitation, leadership, problem solving, analytics, and modeling
- Access knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Kronos experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Equal opportunity employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Lift/Carry: regularly 25 lbs routinely; 50 lbs occasionally
Push/Pull: regularly 25 lbs routinely; 50 lbs occasionally
Reach overhead: regularly
Walk/move about: regularly
This position requires standing/moving about for the majority of the shift.
Regularly exposed to varying temperature conditions between 60-100 degrees Fahrenheit, loud noise, moving machinery parts, airborne particles, and fumes from production equipment.