To provide general animal facility maintenance and cleanliness and to dispense animal diets in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory agency guidelines. To monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
- The scope of this position is within one facility to support Animal Operations across multiple studies daily.
- Clean feeders, water bottles, animal caging, and other items. Clean and sanitize animal rooms or pens, hallways, stairways, and non-animal rooms.
- Collects, records, and learns to review applicable hand recorded and computer generated data.
- Operates and performs quality control checks on appropriate equipment.
- Changes animal racks.
- Provides clean waste removal system and changes air filters.
- Set up housing and provide feed and water.
- Dispense feed for use in animal studies.
- Maintain equipment and log books.
- Learns to observe animals for general health and general animal room standards.
- Recognizes deviations from normal or expected outcomes based on known reference standards and makes recommendations to supervisor.
- May train and instruct less experienced staff.
- Maintains well documented laboratory records according to GLPs.
- Recognizes and documents unusual occurrences and notifies supervisor.
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- There are no external client-related job duties in this role.
**$2000 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates**
Prior experience in a cleaning role or working with animals is preferred.