We Are Hiring
Medical Lab Technician 3 - General Lab Anc 011 - Full-Time,Night - Ascension St John Hospital - 34028 - Detroit,MI
Rotation of weekends and holidays.
Midnight hours: 11:00PM-7:30AM
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform routine laboratory tests in various sections of the laboratory under the supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory scientist.
- Performs common testing procedures and reports test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performs quality control testing.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Demonstrates laboratory technical skills to other laboratory personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and technical advances in laboratory operations, including attendance at inter/intra laboratory meetings and in-services.
- Recognizes specimen, testing, instrumentation, results or other laboratory related problems. Takes necessary action or refers to appropriate supervision.
- Performs appropriate communications, clerical duties and computer functions necessary for laboratory operations.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), Medical Technologist by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) required at time of hire/transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Associate's degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including courses in biological science and chemistry required, and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Technician program required
- One year of clinical laboratory experience as an ASCP certified technican preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements for certification as outlined by ASCP-BOC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable Accommodation
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)