As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers. The team:
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time. Your job:
One of our core principles is a dedication to data-driven decision-making. To do that well, we need product scientists with a strong product sensibility to work alongside our product managers and technical leads.
Our Product Science team is a part of the Indeed Data Science group. While machine learning is one tool in our toolbox, Product Scientists use a variety of skills with the goal of driving business impact using whatever tools necessary.
- Help people get jobs!
- Use quantitative analysis, data mining, and machine learning techniques to understand how hundreds of millions of jobseekers and employers are interacting on Indeed, and how those interactions are reflected in our data.
- Work alongside product managers and engineering teams to help guide tactical and strategic product decisions.
- Design and use statistically sound methodologies for evaluating hundreds of tests on thousands of web pages across dozens of business-relevant metrics.
- Work alongside other data scientists and software engineers to expand Indeed's catalog of tools, techniques, and best practices for manipulating and interpreting terabytes of product data.
- Share your work to a diverse audience across a variety of media. Help us promote and practice transparency by highlighting failures that we learn from as much as successes.
- Work across a wide range of related areas- data extraction and cleansing, feature engineering, machine learning, exploratory analysis, data quality analysis, experimental analysis.
What we'd love to see (but isn't required):
- Master's or PhD., with advanced coursework in statistics, machine learning, programming, or related skills
- 2+ years professional industry experience in Business Analytics/Data Analysis
- Experience coding in Python, R or another advanced data programming language
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to write and present results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Driven to help their teammates and Indeed's products
- Experience designing and conducting complex projects
- Relevant experience (including internships and/or research) in Business Analytics, Data Analysis, Product Management, Data Science, or related fields
- Experience building and/or pulling data using SQL
- Production experience with machine learning and other advanced statistical methods
- Deep understanding of designing and implementing A/B tests, and advanced extensions
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: