This position independently performs sample accession responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory guidelines, in support of BioCMC operations.
- Sample accession core tasks, including box opening, inventory/labeling, receipt/store, and pulls/returns.
- Aliquots and sub-divides samples in preparation for testing.
- Uses sample tracking systems (Nautilus) as appropriate to maintain sample and study integrity.
- Has ownership for the entry and accuracy of sample tracking systems.
- Accurate protocol interpretation.
- Review of sample inventory against samples received to determine accuracy.
- Review of client paperwork against data entries to ensure accuracy.
- Documents, communicates, and assists with resolution of discrepancies.
- Independently resolves issues through contacting internal or external customers for clarification as appropriate.
- Regularly communicates confirmation of sample receipt to external customers.
- Submits audit responses to QAU inspections as needed.
- Possesses Microsoft Excel skills needed to perform high level team tasks.
- Assists team members with or serves as a backup for high level team tasks including metrics tracking, shipping, or sample disposition.
- Serves as a team resource working with less experienced staff.
- Participates in the maintenance of equipment and equipment records used within the team.
- Certified as an authorized environmental system monitor and after hours responder.
- Acts as a team representative within the department on various teams or committees.
- Plan, prioritize, and manage team and individual workloads and multiple responsibilities.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Introduces, develops, and supports process improvement initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The post holder should ideally have a relevant scientific qualification and/or an appropriate amount of experience.
- Experience and application of sample accession receipt, transfer and shipping processes.
- Working knowledge of a functioning LIMS.
- Experience and application of aseptic technique.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations (GMP / GLP / GCP).
- Basic computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Word, Excel).