Certified Veterinarian Technician
Covance, a global contract research organization, worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services. Through our work in Early Development Stage many lifesaving advances in medicine and safety have been drawn from the scientific discoveries made through animal research.
Put your education and experience to work supporting primate population! Extensive training is provided, duties include but not limited to;
- Performing initial assessment and physical examination, administers animal care and medication /treatments
- Assist veterinarian in various medical procedures, perform surgery treatment administering animal care and medication /treatments
- Give urgent treatment as directed by veterinarian staff (fluid therapy, oxygen therapy (mask or intubation), analgesics, bandaging, splints, safe application of external heart source etc.)
- Collect basic samples using appropriate technique and submitting the samples. May include blood, feces, urine, etc.
- Animal prep for surgery, including intubation, surgical scrub (aseptic technique), monitoring animals under anesthesia and recovery
- Perform minor surgical procedures, tail and finger amputations, Rectal prolapses, Laceration repair
- Take and process radiographs; knows and understand radiation safety
- Demonstrate effective QC and documentation skill of medical record keeping, timely documentation of all health care records, laboratory results, special requests supply orders, and Drug Enforcement Agency records for controlled substances.
- Animal restraint/handling, Suture removal. Bandage removal and or replacement
- Perform dental procedures- blunting, routine cleaning, and extractions
- Must be willing to work in outdoor environment, overtime required at times and ability to work every third weekend.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or, Associate degree in Veterinary Technology. Experience may be substituted for education requirements. Certified Veterinary Technician Certification highly preferred
- AALAS certification preferred but not required
- Must have valid driver license
- 6 months of experience in a lab or veterinary setting preferred but not required
Highlights of Working at Covance
Work in a Fun & Team Focused Group
Outstanding and Cost Effective Benefits that start soon after you are hired
Exceptional Time off- 24 Days of PTO in the first year!!
Health Club Membership Reimbursement, Fantastic Growth Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Proper and humane care for research animals is not just the right thing to do, it's also fundamental to ensuring the safety and effectiveness of new medicines that improve and save the lives of people and animals all over the world.