The Lending Generalist is responsible for supporting consumer and small business origination and processing functions, including credit cards and SBA loans. The incumbent will also support credit card portfolio customer service and monitoring activities, which includes handling cardholder, business partner and internal inquiries. Must have familiarity with consumer and/or small business underwriting, processing and compliance principles. The incumbent must have excellent communication and customer service skills, be technologically savvy and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers:
- Monitors the credit card and small business loan new application queues and ensures processing tasks are performed, including compliance due diligence, creation of electronic file and assignment to underwriter queue.
- Monitors internal credit card management queue and completes account maintenance or research needed. Will also monitor the credit card customer/colleague support email box and respond to or escalate internal/external inquiries in timely manner to ensure exceptional customer experience.
- Ensures that new credit card and small business requests progress through the established workflow so that compliance requirements are adhered to and customer/business partner service level expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for coordinating the processing and submission of Small Business Administration (SBA) loan packages, including completion of required bank forms. Will establish rapport with Banks SBA consultant and monitor status of requests to ensure that requests for additional information are responded to accordingly.
- Establishes and maintains good rapport with credit card processing account manager and will participate in regular credit card program management calls to assist in tasks related to identified issues and program enhancements.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of monthly management reports, compiling information for audits and exams and CRA data submission quality control reviews.
- May assist in other departmental projects, including assigned tasks or research, meeting notes and updates to the implementation plan.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required; including general administrative functions.
- May support solar loan underwriting and processing responsibilities.
- Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of professional and educational experience
- Three to five years of related lending/banking experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and analytical skills.
- Strong computing skills including Microsoft Office applications and banking software. Position requires extensive use of Excel, Word, Smartsheet, Sharepoint and various other lending solutions/vendor sites.
- Loan underwriting and lending compliance related experience a plus.