SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit .
Texas Health Surgery Center Arlington specializes in out-patient eye surgeries: Ophthalmology, Ocular/Plastics, Cornea and Retina. Willing to pay signing-on bonus and aggressive salary for experienced Ophthalmology O.R. Circulator Nurse.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Perioperative registered nurses (O.R. RN) provide surgical patient care by assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery. These activities include patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment, pre- and post-operative patient education, monitoring the patient's physical and emotional well-being, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum.
During surgery, the perioperative registered nurse may assume the following responsibilities:
* Circulating nurse - works outside the sterile field. Responsible for managing the nursing care within the O.R. by observing the surgical team from a broad perspective and assisting the team in creating and maintaining a safe, comfortable environment.
* Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical practice, demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
* Conducts quality review audits as assigned by manager or designee, conscientiously and continuously applies the principles and tools learned during CQI training on a daily basis.
* Maintains flexibility with scheduling and job assignments in order to cover patient needs.
* Fosters a positive and professional ambulatory surgery center environment by interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner and by participating as a team member.
* Participates in committees, work groups, and meetings as deemed necessary. Can demonstrate measurable results an meet target dates. Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team and takes part in shared leadership.
* Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
* At least one year of OR and/or medical / surgical nursing experience preferred.
* Current state licensure to practice.
* Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basice Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and ACLS.
* Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing recommended.
Please send resumes to &