Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company's product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit |Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers' unique challenges. If you're interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
In the EHS Specialist role you will provide technical guidance, support, and management of Environmental-Health-Safety & Compliance requirements at a chemical manufacturing facility. This role has the primary responsibility to ensure site operations comply with all environmental, safety, health, and security. This role is also responsible to provide leadership and daily oversight of daily activities to ensure a safe work environment and environmental best practices. Responsibilities also included driving continuous improvement to maintain Responsible Care certification. A portion of specific programs this role is responsible are; Process Safety Management, Responsible Care, High Risk programs (lock-out-tag-out, hot work, confined space entry, etc.). This role is critical and is part of the overall plant staff management team to provide monitoring and direction of the overall plant activities. This role has the added responsibility of being actively involved in the North American EHS Professionals network in Supply Chain to assist in all EHS activities in North America.
Key Role Responsibilities:
* Manage the EHS continuous improvement program, OSHA PSM / EPA Risk Management compliance, Responsible Care certification (RC14001) compliance, and compliance to Solenis EHS Policies & Procedures.
* Responsible to ensure environmental compliance sampling & testing, as well as reporting to various agencies is performed accurately and on-time for all environmental operating permits.
* Responsible to ensure all safety & security compliance reporting is conducted accurately and on-time.
* Monitor day to day activities of all employees and contractors to ensure a safe & compliant facility is maintained. This includes team participation with on-site, as well as corporate teams.
* Maintain site regulatory compliance through providing timely & accurate reporting to agencies and performing audits as required.
* Manage safety training to all employees through face to face and on-line training management
* Responsible for the overall EHS programs at the facility in terms of safety communications, coaching, data management, procedural changes and implementation around EHS
* Manage testing, evaluating, maintaining critical safety infrastructure at the facility
* Monitor and manage site EHS metrics
* Facilitate, document, and report on EHS root cause analysis investigation
* Oversee OSHA High Risk programs thru providing training to site employees, performing internal audits, and implementing continuous improvements
* Provide backup to Plant Manager as incident commander
* BS in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment or other safety or environmental discipline, or BS in ChE or Chemistry, as a minimum.
* Combined educational and working experience of 5 years' minimum.
* Experience in a PSM chemical manufacturing facility is highly preferred.
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled. Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-. #LI-JD1