*US-TN, NashvilleJob Number:
613# of Openings:
The Project Engineer/Coordinator performs field and office assignments with supervision and oversight from the Project Manager, or their designee, in the fields of CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure. Provides support to the Project Manager or Operations Director in project administration, quality, safety, invoicing/financial tracking, contract management, and project data management. The Project Engineer/Coordinator is expected to use their experience and judgment to make decisions within their limits of authority. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Committed to and responsible for Envirocon's Safety Culture & actively involved in project Health and Safety, including:
- Embraces and enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety Plans
- Works with the site Health and Safety representative and Site Safety Steward
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard Analysis
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Coordinate and facilitate all Project Engineering aspects of assigned projects.
- Manage site QA/QC program, ensuring compliance with plans and specifications.
- Assist with coordinating and managing subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit project reports as required. Oversee process and submittal tracking system.
- Oversee and manage project design elements as required. Prepare/oversee all project deliverables as required.
- Assist project team with subcontractor and vendor procurement and management.
- Assist project team in completing onsite activities in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
- Assist in development of cost estimates.
- Utilize standard software to assist in the development and implementation of systems to record and track project cost and revenue.
- Works well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- May be involved in field surveying activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks. Must have a strong work ethic.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of the Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Project Scheduling software experience helpful.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex engineering problems.
- Current 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER certificate or 8 hour refresher certificate.
- This is a project-based position and requires travel, generally with the Tennessee Valley area, but may extend nationwide. Relocation is not required.
- May be required to work different shifts.
- Must meet medical requirements of the job site (Hazardous waste).
- Baccalaureate Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline preferred.
- 3 years' experience in CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure projects preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of surveying techniques including the use of Trimble GPS equipment; pore water pressure systems, water/soil sampling and testing; quality control; construction technology; and civil design preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.