Our client is an established HVAC firm in Indianapolis seeking a self-motivated team player with an accounting background.
· Reviewing accounts payable and generating check runs.
· Preparing monthly WIP for PM review and reconciliation.
· Tax payments - Property, sales & use and payroll.
· Working with accounting partners to make entries as needed.
· Detailed focus on accounting for construction jobs & service work orders
· Working from estimating spreadsheet or customer calls to setup job or work order in Foundation Software.
· Preparing monthly P&L statement.
· Entering and reconciling accounts payable.
· Understanding payroll and union benefits. Entered by others.
· Working from reviewed work tickets to generate invoices per customer guidelines. Some may be tax exempt, AIA, or to a specific format.
· Reviewing past due accounts and sending statements.
· Construction / construction related experience a plus.
· Payroll knowledge is a must but won't be sending out checks.
· Needs to be able to work independently but also be a team player.
· Hours are 7 to 4 PM.
· Must have at least 7 years of accounting experience.