Reeves Construction Company has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the Southeast since the company's founding in Americus, Georgia, in 1955. For more than a half-century, Reeves Construction has expanded to meet the needs of the region as the demands for improved infrastructure increase. As we've grown, Reeves has formed new partnerships and branched out to new subsidiaries from Sloan Construction in South Carolina and North Carolina, R.B. Baker Construction in Georgia and Florida, to Southeast Emulsion in South Carolina and Georgia to meet transportation construction needs from heavy construction services, excavation and site work, to underground utilities, bridge construction, and asphalt paving and materials supply. Reeves Construction Company is a complete maintenance and rehabilitation company dedicated to meet the specific needs of the roadway, airport, bridge, and military maintenance market. Reeves prides itself as a leader in the transportation construction industry, not only for its quality products, but also for its high company standards of safety and performance. Our company's success is based on a foundation of exceptional accomplishments, with an eye on innovation for the future.
Reeves Construction Company, a leader in heavy highway construction is seeking a Project Engineer with 0-5 years' experience in highway construction for the Augusta, GA area. Candidate must be self-starter with excellent communication skills; computer literate, familiar with DOT specs; materials, cost tracking, purchasing, subcontracting, and submittals for approval. Experience with public bidding process preferred.
Responsible for assisting construction/ project manager in all phases of the construction of the various projects at all stages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Control and Management of project documentation and pay records for assigned projects.
· Assist the Construction Manager and Project Manager with planning and scheduling activities
· Prepare schedules and necessary updates of construction activities and analysis of manpower and equipment required.
· Maintain a daily record of all significant project facts, events, and conditions.
· Review cost and schedules with Construction Manager.
· Maintain and track cost associated with projects.
· Communicate with DOT and other contractors.
· indirectly responsible for crews related to projects, notifying management of any personnel issues or injuries.
· Constantly strive to improve leadership and management capability and performance, and to acquire additional knowledge, skills and ability through study and personal development to qualify for positions of greater responsibility.
· Attend and document the weekly schedule and coordinating meetings and produce minutes of the meetings.
· Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes.
· Report regularly to the Project Manager to keep him constantly informed of job progress, plans and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules.
· Construction Management or Civil Engineering Degree
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Communication and leadership abilities
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Reeves Construction Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, drug free workplace employer. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
Reeves Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Reeves Construction Co. at or send an e-mail to: .
Reeves Construction Co. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .