Symbria Rehab is seeking Group Fitness Instructors or Personal Trainers who have a passion working with older adults, and looking to make an impact of people's quality of life through fitness and wellness programs. Great part-time and subbing opportunities throughout the City of Chicago.
To deliver SeniorFITness wellness programs and fitness services to participants at assigned client site(s) while representing Symbria Rehab Core Values in activities of daily work.
- Provide education sessions to participants and staff on benefits of program services.
- Actively market and promote program services to potential participants in order to increase program enrollment.
- Schedule and conduct fitness assessments.
- Coordinate and administer individual exercise program consultations for members based on current ACSM/AHA guidelines and Best Practice Standards.
- Train and Certify seniors on proper and effective use of fitness equipment by providing a quality exercise prescription based on current ACSM and SeniorFITness guidelines.
- Assist, encourage and motivate any and all seniors with their specific needs in the fitness program at any time. Help seniors identify and overcome barriers to adherence to the exercise program.
- Assist in the development of fitness programs for seniors with chronic disease and disabilities.
- Provide appropriate program service instruction as trained and assigned.
- Provide group exercise class instruction and specialty programs as appropriate for site initiatives.
- Personal and Group training certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise physiology or related science preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish but not required.
- Experience working with older adults and desire to improve the overall health and well‐being of older adults.
- Working knowledge of variable resistance exercise machines, free weights and cardiovascular equipment.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Proficient use of computers and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.