Tuesday - Saturday, 9am-5pm, with a possibility for flexible business hours.
Hours per Week:
Acclaimed, specialized creative cake studio seeks a creative, positive, organized, efficient and proactive professional to be our future communications coordinator. We are an eclectic group of visionaries who work incredibly hard and have a great deal of fun while producing extraordinary cakes. This person will work with our clients to schedule appointments, take cake orders, design and price cakes, and perform other critical tasks to keep this place running smoothly. Interacting with retail guests in a positive and helpful manner is also an important part of this role.
- Sketch cake designs for client approval.
- Provide direct administrative support to Directors of Operations, Finance, and Marketing.
- Answer phone, sort emails, and respond to client inquiries.
- Welcome and assist walk-in clients.
- Coordinate cake sales with clients and work with the team to ensure they are properly executed.
- Collaborate with other decorators on designs.
- Conduct in-person design appointments with clients.
- Manage office - order supplies, pack mail, take inventory and maintain company calendar and some aspects of the website.
- Sell merchandise and bakery retail as needed.
- Multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Display attention to detail, have a stellar work ethic, and take extreme pride in a job well done.
- Communicate effectively in person, on the phone and via email.
- Demonstrate design sensibilities and the ability to draw/sketch.
- Exhibit strong time-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitasking are essential.
- People skills are essential. Friendly, welcoming and always ready and willing to help customers.
- Balance and prioritize ever-changing tasks and be a self-motivator.
- Proficiency with Mac iOS and Google Drive is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus.
Cover letter and resume can be emailed as PDF attachments with the subject line "Communications Coordinator" to . Please include your portfolio or examples of sketches that showcase your ability to draw and design.