The road to your future starts with Barrett Industries
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Barrett Paving Materials Inc., we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
We are currently seeking an Environmental Coordinator for our Operations in our New York Central Region, encompassing the areas of Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton, Oswego, and Boonville.
- Directs activities and provides guidance to business unit management and employees to identify, assess, plan, and control potential environmental risks and impact.
- Conducts periodic compliance audits and inspection tours at business unit locations and jobsite locations to assure adherence to company, state, and regulations and recommend corrective and preventative measures when required.
- Responsible for regulatory submission of permits including air permitting, spill prevention control and counter measure plans, waste water/storm water discharge permits, storage tank regulations, Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act requirements, waste disposal regulations, and environmental impact statements and other documents.
- Assists business unit in the development of policy and procedures regarding environmental matters.
- Assists business unit operations in meeting environmental goals
- Assess compliance of business unit regarding environmental permits, laws and regulations.
- Develop and carryout training programs for management and staff regarding various environmental rules and regulations.
- Design conduct and participate in 8 hour Safety and Environmental training sessions for regional personnel.
- Acts as a coach and mentor for business unit management and employees
- Advise and provide counsel on federal, state and local activities necessary to ensure that the company maintains a safe and environmentally conscious working environment for employees.
- Ensure the company's environmental programs are appropriately upgraded and modified in order to comply with federal, various state and/or local rules and regulations.
- Advise and provide counsel on federal and state regulations covering hazardous chemical communication programs (HazCom) and disposal of chemical products
- Responsible for risk management activities necessary to ensure the company maintains an environmentally conscious working atmosphere for employees, visitors and the local community.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Barrett Paving Materials Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
Barrett PAving MAaterials Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .