Barrett Industries (110)The road to your future starts with HRI, Inc.
In 1947, Herbert R. Imbt founded a small construction company in State College, Pennsylvania with only a few pieces of equipment. During the following decades, HRI, Inc., as the company was later renamed, expanded geographically to cover areas outside of central Pennsylvania, including much of Central, Eastern, and Western Pennsylvania. Operations also expanded to include paving, water, sewer, airport, highway, and bridge projects as well as asphalt plants. In 1999, HRI, Inc. was purchased by Colas, Inc., a worldwide leader in the construction industry, with numerous construction businesses throughout the United States. Today, HRI, Inc. benefits from being part of a much larger organization while maintaining local control over our activities and the close ties to the communities we serve. HRI operates as a subsidiary of Barrett Industries. Under Barrett, HRI serves everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
HRI, Inc. upholds the highest standards of safety, environmental stewardship, and ethical conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We are strong, stable, and growing. "We Build the Roads You Travel"
Duties and Responsibilities of a Heavy Equipment Operator
- Provide support to successful completion of construction and engineering work
- Know how to operate and maintain all heavy equipment including bulldozers, front-end loaders, track hoes, loaders, graders, scrapers, skid steers and other related equipment including small tools
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper barricading
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging
- Load, cut, grade, excavate and compact dirt and aggregates according to contract specifications
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards
- Communicate with customers and inspectors on a daily basis
- Practice workplace safety to ensure the safety of fellow employees and public
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area
- Operate Loader on public or private roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings
- Perform other duties, as and when assigned
A heavy equipment operator must possess knowledge to perform his/her job satisfactorily. The essential criteria must include the knowledge of:
- Heavy equipment operation
- GPS skill knowledge or ability to learn to operate equipment with GPS
- Workplace safety practices for heavy construction related jobs
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications
- Knowledge of loading operations, cutting, grading and compacting of dirt
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Previous heavy equipment operation experience in Heavy Civil Construction is preferred.
The position is a full-time position with a great starting rate and excellent benefits package. HRI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact HRI, Inc. at or send an e-mail to: .
HRI, Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .