Leverage the Breadth of Your Leadership and Toolmaking Skills to Take Ownership of Toolroom Operations at an Evolving PlantIdeal opportunity for a journeyman toolmaker to build a lasting career with a rapidly growing, global industry leader.If you combine outstanding toolmaking talent with the disposition and communication skills to manage a seasoned team, take on tool maintenance and drive improvements, the role of Toolroom Manager with Boral Building Products could be your ideal opportunity. Here's why.
* The current Toolroom Manager is retiring, so you'll inherit a strong function and seasoned team. That doesn't mean, however, that we're looking for someone to maintain the status quo. We are actively working to make a good thing even better and you'll have opportunities to make your mark.
* This is a great time to join us. We're taking an entrepreneurial approach to building a "best-in-class" operation and have added a number of key positions, including a new plant manager, maintenance manager, manufacturing and lead process engineers and others.
* You will have outstanding training from the current Toolroom Manager, who will ensure you have the company knowledge and training you need to hit the ground running.
* This is a hands-on management role where you will be involved in toolmaking but also have the opportunity to enjoy wins in other areas, such as preventative maintenance. In fact, in addition to managing the team and Toolroom, you will enjoy visibility as you partner with Corporate personnel on trials and projects, and with the Maintenance Manager and other plant leadership on day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives.
* While this position could keep you happy and challenged for years to come, once you've demonstrated your ability to deliver results, you could pursue a variety of career paths in our global organization. We are committed to helping our employees grow and thrive.
This position will be in our Elkland, PA plant where we run a 24/6, three shift operation with approximately 270 employees. Relocation assistance may be available for an outstanding candidate.
To be a good fit for the Toolroom Manager opportunity, you will have:
* A high school diploma or GED equivalent required; journeyman toolmaker is highly preferred; 2-year associate's degree with a focus on mechanical engineering, machinist or tool and die making preferred
* An apprenticeship in tool and/or mold making preferred
* Certificate(s) of job-related course completion a plus
Skills and Experience
* 2 to 5 years of experience in tool and/or mold making
* Supervisory experience is highly preferred but we will consider candidates ready to step up to management
* Knowledge and use of precision measuring equipment
* Knowledge of injection mold design and operation (complex molds)
* CAD/CAM knowledge and experience
* Ability to use welders, grinders, drills, mill and lathes to adjust equipment
* Ability to use shims, Allen wrenches and other hand-held tools
Boral North America comprises the Construction Materials and Building Products businesses of Boral USA and Headwaters Inc., following Boral's acquisition of Headwaters in May 2017. Within the Construction Materials Group, Boral has industry-leading positions in fly ash processing and distribution as well as a concrete block and Denver construction materials business. The Building Products Group consists of the new Boral Composites, within which you'll work, Stone, Roofing, and Light Building Products divisions. Additionally, Boral has a windows business and a 50% share in the Meridian Brick joint venture (formerly Boral Brick and Forterra Brick).