Kongsberg Underwater Technology Inc. (KUTI) supports the U.S. government, leading research institutions and commercial survey companies with turnkey marine technology solutions and technical services. We develop, manufacture, market and support the Seaglider® AUV system from our Lynnwood, WA facility in close cooperation with the original developer, the University of Washington. KUTI is a fully owned subsidiary of Hydroid, Inc. Both KUTI and Hydroid remain part of the Kongsberg group of companies.
Tests, trains and supports product operations by performing the following duties.
- Provide testing and direction to other Technicians per specific test procedures by using measuring instruments and computer test programs for vehicle systems.
- Assist in the development of test procedures for new and existing vehicles.
- Provide customer support and training for new and existing customers both in house and in the field.
- Support and oversee the production and manufacturing functions.
- Support and oversee the production and assembly of test boards.
- Maintain and direct other Technicians in vehicle repairs, upgrades and development of test procedures in new and existing vehicles.
- Document test results with appropriate information in a complete manner.
- Read and interpret specific test procedures to properly perform and document test results.
- Administer and ensure the quality of products by testing procedures.
- Communicate all design problems and "bugs" to the correct areas within the organization.
- Interact with vehicle at next level. Sensor control through serial debugger, sensor setup.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to successfully integrate sub-assemblies into completed products.
- Perform and direct pre-mission tasks (vehicle mission programming, vehicle checkout). Recognize when something is out of spec.
- Assist in field operations.
- Perform post mission download and put vehicles away properly.
- Analyze mission file to see that vehicle accomplished tasks, recognize if things are not correct.
- In shop: open/close vehicle meticulously. Install additional components.
- Lead normal vehicle field operations for testing. Design mission to perform needed tasks and get best information out of it. Have a good understanding on what to do if things do NOT go right.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of use and setup of auxiliary equipment (launch/recovery, tracking, freewaves, buoys, iridium).
- Ability to perform level "one" and "two" troubleshooting including visual inspection, use of DVM, use of scope to visualize signals, component swapping and more in depth schematic reading.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, SolidWorks, Orcad, Internet Explorer, Deltek, routine computer skills (dir structure, hyperterm, applications) and deeper computer skills (network setup, IP troubleshooting, communications troubleshooting).
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information ("CUI") and potentially classified information. We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
KUTI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1- or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.