Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F; with rotational call
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is seeking an Endovascular Radiologic Technologist to work Full-Time with Imaging team.
* Radiologic Technologist who performs highly specialized radiological procedures involving complex imaging equipment and techniques to produce quality images to diagnose and treat medical abnormalities.
* Assists physicians with therapeutic procedures that encompass vascular, neurological, spinal, and multi organ interventions from diagnostic examinations such as angiography and venography to complex treatments of stroke, aneurysms, embolization of hemorrhages or tumors of any area of the brain and body, catheter placements for drains or infusions, and other image-guided interventions that are adjunct to OR procedures.
* Serves as a mentor to Endovascular Radiologic Tech I's, Endovascular RN's, residents, and students by utilizing skills and knowledge to help train and educate others.
* Supports unit leadership and has responsibility to participate in unit and hospital initiatives, and possibly contribute to service line or hospital wide activities.
* At least 3 years' experience as an Endovascular/Special Procedures Technologist I; may consider HM Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist II with at least three years' experience.
* Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT (R))
* Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC)
* American Heart Association BLS
* Certification in Vascular Interventional Radiology and/or Registered Cardiovascular Specialist preferred
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Must be able to perform skills and competencies as defined in orientation checklist and annual departmental competency checklist if applicable.
* Basic computer skills.
* Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands opened on June 26, 2017 as the eighth hospital in the Houston Methodist system. This new 187-bed, 470,000-square-foot, full-service, acute care hospital offers many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. Also on the $380 million hospital campus, located at the intersection of I-45 and TX 242, is a medical office building, which opened in March 2016. Medical Office Building 1 includes a breast care center, cancer center & infusion center, orthopedics & sports medicine, rehabilitation services, wellness services, and an outpatient laboratory in addition to multi-specialty physician practices. A second medical office building and 785-car parking garage opened March 2018.