MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic and dynamic, Market Segment Manager!
MetroNet is a leading provider of 100% fiber optic internet, television, and telephone services. We are currently available or under construction in over 80 communities in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio. MetroNet provides fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) technology to homes and businesses within its footprint, giving our customers access to some of the fastest internet speeds in the world. We pride ourselves on our cutting-edge technology combined with outstanding customer care.
We're looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what's next!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- 80% of Medical premiums paid for by company
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- 401(k) company match and 100% vested on day 1
- Discounted MetroNet service in our serviceable area
- Locally owned, friendly, fun atmosphere
The role of a Market Segment Manager is to create and execute optimization strategies in mature market geographies. Through a matrix organizational structure, the Market Segment Managers are accountable for the P&L of the business in the local markets along with managing marketing, pricing, and product tactics proactively. The Market Segment Manager is also accountable for cost reduction and efficiency initiatives that are unique at the market level, and will direct cross-functional teams to carry out objectives.
What you will be doing:
- Assists development of sales & marketing plan by evaluating local market conditions and opportunities. Evaluate market performance by studying activations & churn, develop and recommend new strategies and objectives for performance improvements in the local markets.
- Coordinate & execute 'guerilla' marketing tactics such as events
- Prioritize and direct an allocated marketing budget based on local market conditions
- Directs and coordinates product or service offering promotions and product specification customization for the mature markets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with corporate marketing strategy
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process and makes timely decisions
- Accomplishes objectives by establishing marketing plans, unit budgets, and results measurements; requesting resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates marketing, sales, and service level SLA activities to ensure optimal subscriber metrics and profitability.
- Synchronizes actions with marketing, product, sales & operations staff
- Collaborates with sales team to maximize channel efficiency & ROI in the mature market areas
What You Need For This Position:
- Three (3) years of industry experience; prior sales, marketing, and/or product management functional experience required
- Solid understanding of budgets and the ability to apply knowledge of concepts to forecasting units and building sales plans
- Must possess strong leadership & interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate with all levels of the organization and different audiences
- Customer service oriented with passion for high customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence; ability to interact with all levels of staff including senior management
- Ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize work flow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
If you have a strong desire to impact, the success of our organization by ensuring we continue to attract and retain committed professionals, please apply today!
MetroNet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualifications 0"> Education 0">
Bachelors or better.