Build a Progressive Career Home with a Growing Global Industry Leader
Excellent training · advancement opportunities · great culture · competitive pay · great benefits
If you combine technical aptitude with attention to detail and the motivation to learn and grow professionally, this position offers you several compelling opportunities. You will:
* Enjoy strong training to operate advanced optical equipment; optical experience is preferred, but whether you have it or not, we'll set you up for success.
* Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities and advance; we are committed to hiring from within whenever possible.
* Join a collaborative, upbeat team in one of the largest optical processing facilities in the nation.
* Enjoy the stability and resources of a growing global organization -- our recent merger with Luxottica has made us the world's largest player in the eyewear industry.
* Earn a competitive wage and first rate benefits that include all you would expect as well as some pleasant surprises, such as lots of opportunity for overtime with extra pay.
To be a good fit for the Lab Technician - Surface Technician opportunity, you will have:
* A high school diploma or equivalent.
* 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred, and optical experience would be ideal.
* High mechanical aptitude.
* The ability to:
* Meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
* Add, subtract and understand decimal sequencing.
* Follow written and verbal instructions.
Improving Lives By Improving Sight. Essilor of America, Inc. is the leading manufacturer of eyeglass lenses in the United States, employs more than 7,000 people and operates the largest and most comprehensive optical laboratory network in the U.S. Essilor of America, Inc. is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Transitions®, and other brands, and our products are worn by one billion people daily. Essilor has been on Forbes' list of the World's 100 Most Innovative Companies every year since 2010.