There's public. There's private. And then there's LURIE.™
Lurie, LLP is seeking an entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and team-oriented Tax Manager for our Not-for-profit and Individual Group within our Tax Department. You will work within a collaborative environment ensuring excellent service to our industry diverse clientele. Managers are responsible for leading the department in providing tax planning, consulting and compliance expertise as well as developing others.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Ensure the utmost quality standards by acting as primary and/or secondary reviewer of Not-for-profit (990) and Individuals (1040) tax returns, with the ability to contribute to other areas as available (trusts and estates, partnerships, etc.)
- Maintain active communications with clients to develop longstanding relationships, manage expectations, safeguard satisfaction and to ensure deadlines are met
- Conduct tax research to solve client challenges and identify tax planning opportunities
- Take an active role in training and developing associates within the department
- Advance your expertise in tax matters through continued education and research
- Develop, lead and manage workloads for associates within the tax
- Either a CPA or JD
- 5-8+ years of experience working in federal tax consulting and compliance
- 1-2 years of experience in a managerial or leadership role within public accounting
Lurie LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.