The Laboratory Manager is a working department manager who is responsible for the overall operation, leadership, direction, and administration of the Clinical Laboratory in accordance with Federal Regulations governing clinical laboratories. Responsible for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures of the hospital within the Laboratory Department and their effect on patient care. Provides leadership with consideration of BCHC's mission, value, and purpose, and promotes an atmosphere of respect and encouragement for professional growth for all caregivers.
EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or like degree is required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) from an accrediting body is required.
- Basic Life Support certification preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience (2-3 years minimum) in a laboratory preferred.
- Previous experience with adhering to CLIA laboratory regulations is preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in the area of laboratory procedures required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and potential managerial competency. Evidence of this includes, but is not limited to, effective communication skills, ability to deal well with people, ability to problem solve, ability to confront/resolve issues, ability to motivate others, ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of others.
- Excellent team player and communication skills required.
- Significant skill and knowledge in IS applications / automated technology is desired.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and meet organizational insurability standards when driving any veicle company vehicle for work-related reasons.
Click apply now to apply online today!